8 Veterinary Control Institute Konya Veterinary Control Institute, one of the first in Central Anatolia Region of Türkiye was founded in 1950 as a Vaccine and Serum Institute and has served under this name until 1968.
In 1968, it was renamed the Veterinary Bacteriology and Research Institute, and in 1969 the Institute of Veterinary Bacteriology and Serology, and then the Revolving Fund Enterprise was established. In the following years, it has changed its name as Directorate of Veterinary Control and Research Institute, Directorate of Veterinary Microbiology Institute, Directorate of Animal Diseases and Research Institute. The institution was named as Konya Veterinary Control Institute Directorate in 2011 and still serves as an institution directly affiliated to the Ministry.
The institute is located on an area of approximately 20 000 m2.
While it had only Bacteriology and Parasitology Units in its establishment years, the number of units increased in the following years. Toxicology Laboratory was added to these units in 1984 and Chicken Diagnosis and Pathology Laboratories were established in the early 1990s. Molecular Microbiology Laboratory started to serve in 1999 and Virology Laboratory started to serve in 2004.
In recent years, the physical and equipment infrastructure of the laboratories has been greatly renewed and strengthened.
Konya Veterinary Control Institute Directors
1 Cevad Gediz: 1950-1953
2 Cevat Kumova: 1953-1968
3 İlhami Nazlıoglu: 1968-1978
4 Mikail Yenilmez: 1978-1988 and 1991-1998
5 Muhammed Akın: 1988-1991
6 Dr. Adnan Öztürk: 1998-2012
7 Dr. Özhan Türkyılmaz: 2012-2013